Thursday, May 20, 2010

It's Been A While

So its been a while since I have updated.... so here it is.

I have been going to the doctors a handful of times in the last couple months for some feminine issues. Along with these I also had my blood tested for a bunch of stuff.

One was diabetes. My levels were 6.1mmol/L which is pre-diabetic. I had them tested again and my result was 5.1. This is still ok but my doctor now wants test me every year to keep an eye on it.

Also I was diagnosed with PCOS. Having PCOS can make it hard to lose weight and insulin resistance (which means trouble metabolizing sugar).

So because of this my doctor has suggested following a GI diet. So far it has been great!!! It reminds me a lot of the old Core program on weight watchers, but not as many restrictions. I don't have to count a think.....no points or calories! Definitely less stressful. I bought a book about it and it has helped, and has given me some recipes to start off with, because sometimes the hardest part is to get started.

I have also made sure that every day I go and take my dog out for at least 1 walk. Our walks for now are about 20 minutes. That is about all my leg can handle right now, and I have made my dog lazy, so he cant take much more either for now (we will work on that together).


Nikisha ♥

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nikisha - sorry to hear about you being diagnosed with PCOS - I too have it and I found a diet that works for me so don't be discouraged!!

    ReplyDelete