Wednesday, April 7, 2010

YUMMY!!!

Tonights dinner was SOOOOO good!
It was 16 points -- WHAT 16 POINTS?!?!?

yes 16 points....but it is ok because I get 34pts/day so 18 points for the rest of the day, plus the 5 activity points is WAY more than enough.

Also I can easily make this meal lower in points if I wanted to

This was stir fried beef with mushrooms and broccoli with an Indian Korma sauce on white rice, with 2 low fat Pilsbury crescents.

The sauce alone was 5pts for 1/2 cup. Next time I will buy the Blue Menu version and I can lower that to 2pts.
The crescents were 4.5pts and really they were not needed.
And I could always have less rice and add more veggies to make sure I have enough to satisfy me.

All in all it was absolutely DELICIOUS!!!

and for dessert I think I am going to have fat free vanilla ice cream with strawberries on top... Mmmmm :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks lovely...and one more switch that you won't notice a whole lot of difference (my kids didn't notice) is to use the brown minute rice instead of the white. Because it is partically processed it is not as chewy a texture as regular brown rice and with the increase in fibre, it will lower your points there as well!

    Keep up the good work! Not sure where you are in Kingston, I work downtown and take my lunch from 1:30pm until 2:30pm, now that the nice weather is here if you wanted a walking partner, I'm game.

    ReplyDelete